NOW IN STOCK AND SHIPPING!
This is our BLAM-R.
Designed to exclusively fit the RUGER AR-556 and the unique bayonet lug mount they have.
The mount includes dual Quick Detach sockets for the popular Push Button QD sling swivels.
It also has a 1" x 3/8" slot on each side for direct attachment of a sling through the slot.
The slot also easily accepts many Snap Hooks, HK Style sling hooks, MASH Hooks and other "claw" type sling attachment furniture.
The BLAM-R mounts using a single 3/8"x24 x 5/8" socket head cap screw.
The set screw is aligns with and threads through the bottom of the mount into the hole in the bottom of the AR-556 gas block.
Using the included 3/8" allen key, the mount is secured for a rock solid mounting with zero movement.
- 1-5/8" Long with 4 index positions.
- Weighs only 3.5 Ounces or 99 Grams
- Precision CNC Machined from T6061 Aluminum Billet
- Hard Anodized [MIL-A-8625F] Black, Type III
- Dual Sling Mounting rings are incorporated into the body to provide a sturdy mount for a sling
- The BLAM-R accepts QD Push-button Sling Swivels.
- Secure, no movement, rock solid mounting using a single socket head cap screw and hex key, provided
- Picatinny rail spacing & dimensions to accept any rail mounted accessory.
- Mount on ANY RUGER AR-556 rifle that has an existing Bayonet Lug on the front Gas Block
- Manufactured in the USA by Custom Defensive Products.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee to the original purchaser.
- The BLAM-R is NOT compatible if the Ruger AR-556 is equipped with MAGPUL Handguards without minor modification to the hand guard itself.
REGARDING THE UPWARD ANGLE OF THE MOUNT:
Being designed primarily for Close Quarter Battle situations, all of our mounts are specifically designed and intended to have a slightly upward angle variation of about 8 to 10 degrees when correctly installed.
This angle is a functional necessity of the design to allow for the correct alignment of the sights to be nearest the center of the light beam at 15 to 20 yards.
The angle may vary slightly, due to variances in manufacturing of the gas block and integral lug.
This alignment was tested using the SureFire X200A the X300, Streamlight TLR-1 and TLR-2, and the Insight M3 and M6 Tactical Illuminators.
It should be correct for most quality manufactured lights & lasers.
This incorporated angle also allows for an easier and correct centering and zeroing of a laser such as on the Streamlight TLR2 or Insight M6.
If the mount remains parallel with the barrel, ANY laser mounted on the BLAM will not have enough vertical adjustment to easily bring the dot into alignment with the sights.
If it is mounted parallel with the barrel, the light will be too low on the target, below center of mass.